terça-feira, 21 de julho de 2009

THE LAST TIME I SAW YOU

THE 1st time I saw you
I did try hard to burn my eyes
life was but a sad dream
I was but a sad breath
but you were somehting like sand
when sunliht hits the sea
THE 2nd time I saw you
I was about to hit the road
I asked could you wait for me
you said life ain't a highway
better if we been born
as siamese songbirds
THE 3rd time I saw you
we went to the bar
all steady hot beers
sorrowlful monkeys
big eyes laughing
wish I had not held hands
THE 4th time I saw you
it was like I was gonna die
I was waiting outside
you just had a new boy
asked me why I, I
son wont'you come along
we have no time for another song
wont' you sing along
we have no sea, child
THE 5th time I saw you
he was travelling abroad
and your eyes, they were not here
you just made new friends
while I tried to stop with cigarrettes
THE 6th time I saw you
I was propperly insane
for the whisky I had drunk
for the drugs I'd taken
gimme just one way you will realise
THE 7th time I saw you
you were married again
if I had just once kissed you
things wouldn't be the same
cause surely the sky'd be different
THE 8th time I saw you
I was strumming the guitar
& your ears were not for me
my ears were a-bleeding
the waiter was blind
please someone blind my eyes
THE last time I saw you
was about ten a.m.
you approuched me in a strange car
and finally kissed me
then did wave goodbye
before you disappear
sometimes I ache, baby
you should be hard enough to stand
but our songs they just drown me
coming back from work
having sour breakfast
seasick from your chest
Helio Flanders

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário